12.27.2007

Christmas in Tokyo

Christmas in Tokyo is huge, very huge for ... different...way. It's all for dating and dating and dating and some for children, no Christianity at all. All fine restaurants and hotels are full booking. (But those restaurants have to be western, not Japanese)

Most of young single guys and ladies start looking for dates around Nov. Because some people really think being alone on Christmas Eve (Not Christmas) means miserable. I think it comes from magazines, TV, and any other media. The young also knows that it doesn't mean anything but they still want to find somebody or something to do. Fortunately I am married so I don't need the hunting. ^ ^ ; (never do)

I went to a homeparty at my Ashtanga friend on Eve with Danna-san (it means my husband in Jpn.) and his friends. After the party, on the way to my home, I peeped some restaurants. All were packed with young couples and groups (twenty, teen and few thirty) . Do only young people live in this town??

I love this holiday. Beautiful decoration, gifts and sending cards are lovely, it makes me happy and peaceful but little weird.

We had a family Christmas party before the eve. We ate Temaki Sushi which is kind of Sushi rolls that people make rolls by themselves on tables so that they can make their own tastes. Danna-san's brother has just came back from Kentucky as he finished his internship. So he missed Temaki Sushi so much.


The left sock with a white reindeer is mine. Mom (Mother-in-law) gave me!


On the Christmas, Danna-san cooked veg-christmas dinner for me.


I think it is very hard to practice during the holiday season. My stomach is still full on every morning and I am getting heavier clearly...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...kenji made a dinner. I'm impressed!

ruri-ta said...

Yes, he did somehow. I am impressed too. So I didn't claim to clean up the mess after the cooking...