12.30.2007

A year-end party @ Ashtanga Yoyogi

I practice at Mysore Tokyo, but no class on Sunday normally. So I sometimes go to Ashtanga Yoyogi on Sunday.

I went to Ashtanga Yoyogi with Danna-san today. Actually Mysore Tokyo had a mysore class today but I chose Ashtanga Yoyogi because they had a year-end party after the class. It was a potluck party.

My moonday was just about to begin and I had a homeparty yesterday and ate a tons of crabs. So I was heavy and stiff and my stomach was still full on morning. Somehow I woke up and went to the studio. My practice was terrible but feeling was good. I felt nice stretch everywhere and my circulation was getting better. I decided to practice up to Navasana before I started but I did up to Baddhakona. Altough my postures were so poor, I was so happy.

There were plenty food.


This was what I got.
Most of food were handmade and brilliant!

Barry with his students.

I don't know him well and his students but it seems he has been making a good community.

I asked him how he studies Japanese. He said he uses a website whose name is
JapanesePod101.com. Tarik who is a teacher at Mysore Tokyo uses this website too. I listen a sample lesson. It was interesting. It was a conversation between two men. One man had a very strong accent, closed to slang. But the conversation was very natural. I found EnglishPod101.com. I will try this site.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that website is awesome. time to brush up on my japanese!

ruri-ta said...

Hi Christian,
That's a good idea. please try it!