1.30.2008

WoYoPracMo Day 25-30: Thanks for a high-tech mask

a chai soy latte at Hachiko Crossing.

This was a small reward for enduring the nasty cold for myself.

Day25:I was getting better, I was able to speak little bit. I did primary as same as the previous day. But I didn't ujaiiy strongly. I felt I lost my balance so I stopped at ardha baddha. I felt good after practice.

Day26:I was able to speak and eat. But I still woke up every few hours because of the sore throat. I could do ujaiiy, not so deep, but fine. My balance was back so I kept going until Janu sir A, I was so happy I could do sitting postures. I realized when I did jump through, my blood pressure didn't stay clam so I stopped at Janu sir A.

Day27:My sleep was messed up. Since I was not able to sleep for long time, I slept during daytime. On this day, I went to bed around 2 or 3am. Although I was getting better rapidly, good! I didn't know why but I didn't want to practice Ashtanga, so I did restorative yoga for 30min instead. I did moon salutation many times. After the practice, I recalled my sore back. Ops, maybe the moon sal was not good for my back...

Day28:I still had a sore throat every time I woke up. I used a humidifier and a mask but my throat was dry. During daytime, I was OK. Our room was a mess, so I started to clean up. I really didn't want to practice yoga, any yoga for no reason. So I did only my favorite postures for 10min. I was hoping to go to a studio the next day.

Day29:I was not confident if I should go to a studio. I decided not to go because my throat was still sore morning. I went to a otolaryngology hospital again. I love the hospital since they have online check in I don't need to wait for a long time. The doctor said my throat was much better. After that, I went to a drug store to buy some masks. I found a high-tech(?) mask. The mask has a small pocket to keep a wet filter. This is so creative! I usually put a small wet gauze but it dry out soon. Have you seen this kind of mask?

I got one, it might work for me.I skipped my psychology class this night. I felt dizzy and I had a fever again... My plan for this day was doing a short restorative yoga before going bed. I went on my mat and I started sun sal A unconsciously. It was after dinner so I was full, no bandha. Anyway I went through up to Mari B. What was that...? I wore the mask with crossing fingers.

Day30:It worked! No sore throat, no anymore! I would get the mask more. I still coughed and sneezed little bit but it should be OK. I went to the studio. How nice. The studio was busy. I did primary up to bhujapida. I was heavy but my breath was deep. I went to Starbucks at Hachiko Crossing. (Japanese call Starbucks SUTABA.) I got a chai soy latte to indulge myself. I confirmed my flight ticket to US. I am ready for the Guruji USA tour. I am so HAPPY!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Yay! So glad you're feeling better.